Michael Douglas Was ‘Disappointed’ About Sexual Harassment Claims

Michael Douglas is sharing his feelings. The Ant-Man actor opened up in a new interview about the sexual harassment allegations made against him earlier this year.

“I was extremely, extremely disappointed in The Hollywood Reporter which has been having a crusade in this area,” the Fatal Attraction star, 74, said on the “TBD with Tina Brown” podcast on Thursday, December 6.

Douglas explained: “Now the way this generally works is, somebody makes a charge and then they — if they are responsible — reach out as they did to every person I worked with over 25 years — and they did, because everybody got back to me and there was nobody that ever complemented that accusation. So I thought it was really a misuse of power. Very disappointed.”

Michael Douglas Talks Sexual Assault Allegations
Michael Douglas at SiriusXM Studios on December 3, 2018 in New York City. Cindy Ord/Getty Images

The New Jersey native went on to note that “it’s all past … this is the way it goes.”

Douglas later claimed that this wasn’t the first time he had been falsely accused of something. “I was accused back when I was in 1990 of being a sex addict when I went to rehab,” he recalled.

The Basic Instinct actor first denied the claims against him during a Deadline interview in January after he was contacted by The Hollywood Reporter and Variety regarding claims made against him from a woman who worked for him more than 30 years ago.

According to Douglas at the time, the ex-employee alleged that he masturbated in front of her, used suggestive and colorful words front of her and blackballed her from the industry when he fired her.

“This is a complete lie, fabrication, no truth to it whatsoever,” he told Deadline at the time, adding that his “head was reeling.”

He added: “She may have overheard private conversations, and if she was offended, she could have excused herself. As far as blackballing her, that was completely untrue. She was a lady who was involved in development at my company, and we just didn’t have a good development record in the time she was there, so I just moved on. If people from the industry called me to ask about her, I would have been honest, but I never blackballed her.”



Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!



Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone?
Download the



Us Weekly iPhone app now!

Source link