I am always surprised at the developments in treatment that are done by VR. When they first came, I thought that it would only be used for games, and now it’s being used in so many things that are very beneficial to humanity. Psychiatrists are now using VR to empower patients in confronting their anxiety. VR is now even being to treat patients suffering schizophrenia by silencing the voices in their heads. I’ve also read in another article that VR is being used to help people with phobias. Perhaps it may be a bit expensive initially when hospitals/clinics buy their VR headsets and the apps development but in the long run it may even actually be cheaper because they can use it again and again.
- Dear Mark: Broth, Fasting, Coffee, and Metformin (and More)
- Health Matters: Reducing health inequalities in mental illness
- African-American men participating in a blood pressure reduction program implemented in barbershops continued to have significant improvements in their blood pressure in a twelve-month follow-up study. : Health
- Speaking to a Schizophrenic Before and After Daily Medications
- OCD and Multiple Sclerosis